Pages

Friday 23 June 2017

Art Blog

I decided to theme my board on the evolution of the Mazda Rx series I also decided to incorporate Japanese landmarks and historical events in the background of some of my pieces. My first piece is a Japanese rising sun flag with Japanese letters spelling Mazda motor corporation to represent the native language and the flag representing the time period that the company was formed.


My next piece is a drawing of a rotor ( the main part in a rotary engine) lying in front of Itsukushima which is a landmark in Hiroshima which is the city where the rotary engine was created and produced.


My 3rd piece is a drawing/painting of a Mazda r100 with Mt Fuji in the background and cherry blossoms coming through the side of the painting.


For my 4th piece i decided to try using water colour paint as my medium I painted a Mazda rx2 in front of a Japanese rising sun flag. I did the Mazda rx2. I did the rx2 as that is the next car in the series after the Mazda r100 and it represents the evolution of the rx series.

My fifth piece is the front end of a Mazda rx3 the 3rd car in the Mazda rx series In the background I did some ashy grey pencil shading to represent japan after the Hiroshima bombing. I used Oil paint as my medium but I forgot to put on primer so there were some oil stains on the paper.

For my fifth piece I once again used oil paint as my medium this time priming my paper before applying oil and paint. This piece is the backside of the mazda rx3. After some consideration I decided to go over the oil paint with oil pastels so that I could brighten up the picture and make it more eye popping and bright.

For the final piece of my first board, I decided to make a stencil of the rising sun flag with a Mazda logo in the middle. I used blue spray paint because I couldn´t find any red, I did like how the blue turned out. I drew cherry blossoms (which are a native Japanese plant) on the sun rays to tie the piece together.


For the first piece of my second board, I drew Mazda rx7 series one in front of a Japanese temple with some cherry blossom trees in the background. I decided to do Mazda rx7s as the main cars shown on my second board as they are my favourite in the series


My next piece on my second board I decided to do as an etching. First I drew a Series two Mazda rx7 on paper, next I got some etching plastic to put over the paper so that I could make a stencil. After I had made the stencil I got oil based ink and rubbed it into all of the grooves in the plastic, finally I wiped all of the wet oil ink off of the plastic and printed the stencil onto some wet paper to create a bold and textured looking print.

For my next piece, I decided to try using the oil pastels again I wanted to create a sort of street racer type look so I sketched out a modified looking series 5 rx7 and a big traffic light onto the paper next I applied the oil pastels and added a big blue background. I used very vibrant colours as I wanted to brighten up my board


For my final piece, I incorporated some parts of my other artwork into one big piece I made another rising sun stencil and spraypainted it orange/yellow I drew a rotor onto the sun and wrote Mazda motor corporation in Japanese between the sun rays. after i finished all of the scetching i went over the whole thing with oil pastels to make the art more popping

1 comment:

  1. All three of these pieces here count for the dry media aspect of 1.2. Wet media needs to be addressed too in order to achieve 1.2 (4 credits)

    Planning work, concept ideas, brain storm pages as well as a piece of work with two fields, also needs to be documented for 1.3 (6 credits)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.